"MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT MICHAEL JACKSON"
Good day, everyone. Considering that there has been so many of these types of blogs surfacing recently, I have decided to make one as well, solely just to join in on all the fun. This one is about the late pop/rock superstar, Michael Jackson. There has been many popular stereotypes about this interesting man for quite a while now. Now I, with as much information as I know, will attempt to teach you all what really went down. Let us begin.
THE MISCONCEPTIONS ARE:
1. "Michael Jackson was a child molester."
- Although Michael Jackson did get arrested for this crime, there is no valid evidence that he actually did molest children. What most of you probably don't know, is that the incident that got him arrested in the early 90's was a false accusation, and here is the reason why: One of the many kids that Michael was kind and generous enough to invite them to have fun at his Neverland ranch amusement park, was told by his parents to report to the police that Michael had molested him. The reason why his parents would do that: They wanted Michael's money. At the time, Michael Jackson's music was giving him hit after hit, and his image was comparable to that of a saint. The boy's parents knew that to keep this disgraceful event private, Michael's associates would pay to do so. Well, it worked, and the boy's parents recieved the large sum of money they wanted oh so badly. Unfortunately, the event wasn't squared away fast enough, as the press used their sneaky ways to document the whole situation. The boy in question, now grown up, spoke out about it not to long ago, stating something along the lines of: "Michael Jackson never touched me in any way innapropriatly." Well, there you have it. Michael Jackson was framed, and his image largely suffered from it as a result.
2. "Michael Jackson changed his skin color."
- Yes, this did happen, but it wasn't entirely in his control. Michael had a skin disorder called vitiligo. It causes the loss of brown pigments in an individual's skin. This can happen to people of all different skin colors.
- Michael Jackson had no control over vitiligo's effect. However, the issue was that when vitiligo strikes, it happens in blotches, and doesn't change the skin's color completely. In order to avoid this attracting too much attention to the publicity, yes, Michael Jackson did have his skin bleached in order to make everything match. You know, to 'complete the painting', if you will. This was not Michael's fault. This was going to happen to him in time eventually. There is no real cure, either, just remedies.
- Vitiligo also causes the skin of those affected to be very sensitive to the sun. This explains Michael's tendency to always be under an umbrella and always wear sunglasses. This also explains his "trademarks": The white glove and the black fedora. See? Without my blog, you would be forced to believe that Michael Jackson was really Mary Poppins, was blind, and was a pretty big fan of Justin Timberlake or Britney Spears, as both singers are known for their fedora hats.
3. "Michael Jackson is really a small child."
- When thinking about this aspect of Michael's life, you have to understand that he has been working hard in the music industry ever since he was five years old. He did not have much time to have fun and play with kids his age. This probably left a large part of Michael's being out of his adult life. I'm sure the reason why he liked little kids so much was because he could connect so well with them. It's as if his social skills never really progressed into adolescence. More importantly, no he is not a creepy old dude that wants to do harm to little kids. Hell, he invited kids from Africa, as well as from other suffering countries, to his Neverland ranch solely to give them a second chance in life. What more could anyone ask for?? Especially since he also invited kids with serious medical problems and that could only have months to live. He is truely a great person for being so generous and supportive to these kids. Not to mention that he also plays with the kids while they are at his ranch, too. It's really a sweet connection that he had with them...
4. "Michael Jackson's nose is running around here somewhere..."
- Okay, first of all, there is no evidence that noses have legs. Just puttin' that out there.
- Yes, although Michael has said otherwise, he did have quite a bit of plastic surgery on his face. This thing about his 're-attacheable' nose, though is very funny, it is false. Come on people. Be realistic here.
5. "Michael Jackson is really a woman."
- Yes, towards the end there, all his plastic surgery did make him look quite a bit like a woman. Other than that, there was no evidence that he actually was. That's all I'm saying about this stereotype.
6. "Michael Jackson never died. His death was a cover-up."
- If this was true, it would make a lot of sense. However, he was about to embark on his final tour before his retirement, the "This Is It" concert series. Therefore, this aspect of it would not make that much sense at all. Especially since Michael loved his fans so much, and to have them go through such a heart-wrenching time after his death. Michael would have to be heartless, which he clearly is not. So, as it stands now, there is no evidence that Michael Jackson's death was a cover-up and that he is alive and well somewhere in the world right now.
Well, I'm sure there are plenty more misconceptions about Michael Jackson, which is not surprising... You guys can discuss in the comment section if you want. Also, the fourth anniversary of his death was on Tuesday. Please pay your respects, and have a great day.