Logo

Bulletin Board

Posts by Skittles
> >>
Skittles (1004)
In SocialCu.be! - A New Leader In Nintendo Handheld Websites
28 Apr 2013 05:45
Yeah, so the site's doing well.

QuickNotes is working well, so I'm happy. I'll be posting an announcement blog in the morning.
It's my job to help the next generation, and set a good example for them. And for that I'll gladly lay down my life.
Skittles (1004)
08 Apr 2013 04:33
The distinguished Lilwayne1556 spake:
The distinguished Skittles spake:
You know that we can see the source code of the app, right? xD

Yes I'm not dumb. But basically what I'm saying is what if someone encodes the text and a admin is just like must be for a game or something then passes it.

No, I mean we would see it only as code initially, and could choose to actually test it out if we wanted.
It's my job to help the next generation, and set a good example for them. And for that I'll gladly lay down my life.
Skittles (1004)
08 Apr 2013 04:14
You know that we can see the source code of the app, right? xD
Skittles (1004)
07 Apr 2013 21:32
The distinguished Lilwayne1556 spake:
The distinguished jsa005 spake:

Eh. It's still kind of dangerous to use eval even if they test it. What if a admin doesn't find a exploit and people start using it. I would say it has to past tons of test for a week and see what happens

I'm confused. I already noted that I'm aware of eval(), which was the whole point in my bringing up the review/testing process.
Skittles (1004)
07 Apr 2013 18:21
@Skits Nice! Can we use PHP in apps? (Psst... eval())

Yeah, of course. And what about eval()? Like I said, the Admins have to test the application out before they accept it.
Skittles (1004)
07 Apr 2013 05:24
The site release didn't go as well as I hoped in regards to available features. However, some of those that are available currently are:

-Profile with a biography section and comment wall. Coming features include the ability to create your own section widgets, order the sections of your profile as you like, display your recently created QuickNotes, custom header image, and much more.

-Site themes, with the ability to customize and save your own, and select from ones others have created.

-Site currency, for use to purchase site "apps"

-Leveling and Medal/Badge system

-Create Blogs, or a blog series

-A chatroom

-A status page

-A forums area

-See who's online and what they're doing.

Features near completion and in the pipeline:

-QuickNotes (closed to non-Admins, but nearly finished; top priority of mine). Currently, QuickNotes can be saved and edited from BOTH the DSi and 3DS (and desktop web browsers too, of course). I think I'm the 1st in the community to manage that!
Support for touchscreen devices coming soon.

-Decent security implementation, including, but not limited to, SQL query parameterization and prepared statements (via PDO), CSRF tokens, Session timer buffering, and reCAPTCHA fallback.

-Photo uploader (later, once security is nice and tight). All non-animated images will be able to be saved to the 3DS by storing a copy of the image with a JPEG file format. You'll be able to create photo albums for them as well.

-App store. Users can submit their own application to the store as well, though it must be approved and tested by the site Admins.

The distinguished Hybrilynx spake:
why doesnt anyone make 3ds browser games? its really easy, and the 3ds is 2 years old too. im surprised.

i think soon enough im just going to contact a 3ds related website owner and form some kind of deal and make 3ds browser games myself. the reason why i dont already do it myself, is becuz im not good with creating new art (characters etc. meaning i would make games like metroid using metroid sprites), and i dont ever want someone to try and sue me for anything.

I have a game in the pipeline for the 3DS web browser. It'll be decent fun methinks.
Skittles (1004)
In [b][color=red]Website Security Help[/color][/b]
04 Mar 2013 06:38
Anyone telling you to simply use mysql_real_escape_string() doesn't know what web security is.
Skittles (1004)
21 Dec 2012 23:39
The site is progressing well, if any of you were wondering.
Skittles (1004)
In 3DSHub... again
12 Dec 2012 05:55
The distinguished rayword45 spake:
I thought Lunchmeats said he quit permanently on Hub or something.

Someone should ask Bubby.

Heh, you'll have to ask Lunchmeats tp do that. But I dunno, he's probably annoyed at the whole "We're back!!1....never mind"
Skittles (1004)
In tmj on the ds card
11 Dec 2012 15:25
The distinguished firekeeper spake:
i have a friend whos dad works for nintendo he told his dad about tmj and he said that if the tmj is a hit nintendo may buy it and put it on shivles

Yeah, okay....
Skittles (1004)
In 3DSHub... again
11 Dec 2012 05:36
Anthony, A-Man, Lunchmeats and I are currently working on something. Just FYI.
Skittles (1004)
In 3DSHub... again
01 Dec 2012 04:12
All I can say is to stay tuned in the coming weeks. It isn't a Hub rebirth per se but, well, you'll see soon enough.
Skittles (1004)
In 3DSHub... again
25 Nov 2012 04:30
The distinguished jsa005 spake:I want to help.

Okay. Do have an example somewhere of your coding ability?

Eye3DS (got suspended by host, being rebuilt, no sneak-peeks!)
JSAmap ()
Do you want anything else, like my email, etc.?

Yeah, add me as a friend and send me your email.

@GuitarBoy ? You weren't a part of the team. :O Any examples of what you can do programming-wise?
Skittles (1004)
In 3DSHub... again
25 Nov 2012 01:20
I want to help.

Okay. Do have an example somewhere of your coding ability?
Skittles (1004)
In 3DSHub... again
24 Nov 2012 20:35
I don't use Facebook anymore. Thought I deleted my account like a year ago. :O Just email me I suppose. *Needs a new admin team*
Skittles (1004)
In 3DSHub... again
24 Nov 2012 18:16
Anyway, if we're going to do this, we need to do it properly.
Skittles (1004)
In 3DSHub... again
24 Nov 2012 17:58
Erm, no. In the last attempt we announced its return as a blog and forum thread.
Skittles (1004)
In list users-php table is users
24 Nov 2012 05:24
You're going to need to explain what you actually need help with if you want help.
Skittles (1004)
In 3DSHub... again
24 Nov 2012 05:18
The distinguished rayword45 spake:
Hey Skittles, FIX THE DAMN SITE.

Please.

-Not like I'm the one who let the hosting account die, whoever was running the site did (i.e not me).

-Need a new team. No way am I going to simply reuse all that old, chunky, insecure code from the last attempt, which admittedly was almost solely my own fault.

If we're going to do this, let's actually do it right. No more "Hey, we're back for the 1337th time" blog posts. Let it build up on its own so that the team isn't pressured.

Anyone who would like to apply to joining the admin team, ask here. Or better yet, maybe I should make a new thread. Whether or not the new site will be a Hub rebirth again I don't know though.

That is all.
Skittles (1004)
In How Much Longer Until the DSi is a Relic?
19 Nov 2012 22:35
You mean it isn't already? ;)
> >>
Home Bulletin Boards Home
Nintendo 3DS is ™ Nintendo Co. Ltd. This website is ©2009-2019 HullBreach Studios. All rights reserved. Members are responsible for their own content. No account information will be given to third-parties without your consent.