Bulletin Board

Super Mario Bros. and why it was so great
Your account is not active.
Started by FancyPants
30 Mar 2013 09:47
SUBSCRIBE
FancyPants (303)
30 Mar 2013 09:48
Why do YOU think SMB became so addicting and fun?
I'm back, I guess. Whatever.
Quesadilla (368)
07 Apr 2013 22:51
I don't think it's addictive. But, it is a big part of video game history.
I loves me some Quesadillas.
Luisjo96 (3149)
10 Apr 2013 14:27
Because its awesome
How lovely.
Weeeee (146)
26 May 2013 18:07
It's one of the first "playable" console games.
Lemons.
Limxzero (5308)
05 Jul 2013 18:28
Similar to Zelda, I think Super Mario Bros achieved that rare "golden" combination of solid controls, creative level design, and music that resonated as a revolutionary top-tier entry in gaming history. Nintendo will always have a knack for that as long as their homebound Japanese roots never change.
Catch my drift.
FancyPants (303)
05 Jul 2013 18:32
The distinguished Limxzero spake:
Similar to Zelda, I think Super Mario Bros achieved that rare "golden" combination of solid controls, creative level design, and music that resonated as a revolutionary top-tier entry in gaming history. Nintendo will always have a knack for that as long as their homebound Japanese roots never change.

I loved the music. Sadly, they rarely use the original Mario sing in newer games.
I'm back, I guess. Whatever.
princcce7 (4)
22 Aug 2013 03:09
one thing is because we grew up with it.
another is that the games are fun and funny, yet they have decent puzzles and continuely add more implements.
they stray from bowser as the antagonist every so often, so that keeps things fresh...
plus, if you grew up with it, like myself, you may end up seeing deeper into frequented villians
[namely bowser :3]
Life exists, as much as we may wish it didn't. But death just makes other's lives harder. Do you really want that?
PopperMan99 (717)
20 Oct 2013 03:25
Just think about it. That single game led to the creation of a gigantic series, with countless spinoffs by Nintendo itself, and likely thousands of games by other companie, thousands of fanmade products... no game other the Mario has ever achieved anything so big.
D A F T P U N K
Jonathon44 (9)
31 Dec 2013 07:40
Not to mention that the original was freaking hard to beat...
Do you play the flame game?
PopperMan99 (717)
02 Jan 2014 10:44
The distinguished Jonathon44 spake:
Not to mention that the original was freaking hard to beat...

Not really. I beat it in a few hours total. It got harder in pretty much the last 4 levels, if I remember correctly.
D A F T P U N K
GEMini GUARDian (2290)
19 Sep 2018 16:04
Because it's a gud game.
Professional Slackerâ„¢

Home Forum Home
Nintendo 3DS is ™ Nintendo Co. Ltd. This website is ©2009-2018 HullBreach Studios. All rights reserved. Members are responsible for their own content. No account information will be given to third-parties without your consent.