Logo

Bulletin Board

Italy Puts Venice's Poveglia Island On Auction.
Your account is not active.
Started by LaZerWoLF
15 Apr 2014 16:32
SUBSCRIBE
LaZerWoLF (238)
15 Apr 2014 16:34
Here's the news info.

Poveglia Island is known as one of the most spiritually active places on the planet. It sorta surprises me that Italy would put buyers in danger by offering them one of their biggest burdens. That is, in fact, this island in the Venice Lagoon.

You guys heard of it? What are your thought?
Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting your enemy to die.
Madboyz11 (408)
16 Apr 2014 12:30
How much?
99% of the things she's saying to you she said to me before, so don't feel so special.
LaZerWoLF (238)
16 Apr 2014 13:00
The distinguished Madboyz11 spake:
How much?

It wasn't said, unfortunately.
Limxzero (5320)
17 Apr 2014 22:47
There are definitely wealthy entrepreneurs who could take advantage of the property and its reputation. Many tourists love haunted locations for the thrill. Plus there is a whole subculture of paranormal researchers/investigators who would jump at the opportunity to explore, experiment, write books, and so on. Selling for cash and to get the troublesome island off their hands seems more logical than shutting down and having to maintain security.
Catch my drift.
LaZerWoLF (238)
18 Apr 2014 03:20
The distinguished Limxzero spake:
There are definitely wealthy entrepreneurs who could take advantage of the property and its reputation. Many tourists love haunted locations for the thrill. Plus there is a whole subculture of paranormal researchers/investigators who would jump at the opportunity to explore, experiment, write books, and so on. Selling for cash and to get the troublesome island off their hands seems more logical than shutting down and having to maintain security.

What security? The island is forbidden, yes. But that doesn't mean thrillseekers don't sneak into the place, and get far more than what they bargained for of course, and the like. The goverrnment doesn't watch the island. It's just like it's own defense system is implemented. The activity there is THAT bad. Oh, and the Italians refuse to even set foot on the place. .o.
Limxzero (5320)
18 Apr 2014 04:39
The state owns Poveglia and treats it like any of their islands. Security guards do brief, periodic checkups even though no one is stationed there. Except that this island is off-limits to the public, so the Italian coast guard patrols more of the surrounding waters.

In the very unlikely scenario where it is blockaded and barricaded (as in for wartime), they still have to pay for security to make a trip there every so often. In the more likely scenario where it is leased out to set up a resort, there would be people about and therefore police on-site.
Catch my drift.
Raisons du Coeur (1521)
09 May 2014 00:52
The distinguished Madboyz11 spake:
How much?

You're not stealing this from under me, Mad! I'll outbid you to the death!
Moo.
Madboyz11 (408)
12 May 2014 04:31
The distinguished Raisons du Coeur spake:
The distinguished Madboyz11 spake:How much?

You're not stealing this from under me, Mad! I'll outbid you to the death!

I'm finna get this paper. You feel me?
99% of the things she's saying to you she said to me before, so don't feel so special.
LaZerWoLF (238)
14 May 2014 18:19
The state owns Poveglia and treats it like any of their islands. Security guards do brief, periodic checkups even though no one is stationed there. Except that this island is off-limits to the public, so the Italian coast guard patrols more of the surrounding waters.

In the very unlikely scenario where it is blockaded and barricaded (as in for wartime), they still have to pay for security to make a trip there every so often. In the more likely scenario where it is leased out to set up a resort, there would be people about and therefore police on-site.

Everyone is still terrified of the place. the locals...
Limxzero (5320)
15 May 2014 00:58
I don't doubt many Italians are fearful of the island, Venetians even more so. Yet others are much more interested in preserving it as a historical site. Even community groups submitted high bids. Its future use is uncertain after the auction topped off at what is over half a million euros, and the government also must approve of the intended use.
Catch my drift.
LaZerWoLF (238)
16 May 2014 23:48
I don't doubt many Italians are fearful of the island, Venetians even more so. Yet others are much more interested in preserving it as a historical site. Even community groups submitted high bids. Its future use is uncertain after the auction topped off at what is over half a million euros, and the government also must approve of the intended use.

No. Not a single Italian will set foot on the island. Unless on drugs.
Luisjo96 (3152)
15 Jul 2014 15:37
Gonna give you three beans and a lollipop and im risking too much.
I mean, I'd just put some outdated meme here but does anyone honestly cares?
Raisons du Coeur (1521)
19 Jul 2014 11:41
I think I have almost $6. With that you can buy multiple lollipops and hundreds of beans. Is the auction still going on?
Moo.
LaZerWoLF (238)
20 Jul 2014 10:51
.....~
Limxzero (5320)
21 Jul 2014 00:19
I'm pretty sure the auction which began in April is not running anymore. As for the island, it is kinda in limbo because the government committee rejected the proposed plans by the private entity. So they're likely to let the place sit and "rot" until another event or even later.
Catch my drift.
LaZerWoLF (238)
12 Aug 2014 15:52
I'm pretty sure the auction which began in April is not running anymore. As for the island, it is kinda in limbo because the government committee rejected the proposed plans by the private entity. So they're likely to let the place sit and "rot" until another event or even later.

Uh... They said the place was sold.

Home Forum Home
Nintendo 3DS is ™ Nintendo Co. Ltd. This website is ©2009-2019 HullBreach Studios. All rights reserved. Members are responsible for their own content. No account information will be given to third-parties without your consent.